Hello, my name is Rafia Khader and welcome to my blog, Cake & Cows, where I write about anything and everything (yes, that includes cake and cows)!
More than aboot me, you’re probably wondering aboot the name of this blog, right? Am I a farmer who loves to bake? Unfortunately, no. I’ve never even milked a cow and I don’t even bake! I just really love cake and really love cows. I’m also an avid admirer of alliteration. So that’s that!
But if you really wanna know more about me… Well, let’s see. I love cake and cows. What else do you need to know?
- I’m in my early thirties.
- I was born in Toronto, Canada (though I’ve been in the U.S. since ’98).
- I met my husband, Mr. Rafia, on the internet.
- Though I am the youngest (and best!) of three siblings, I’m an old soul. Every old lady stereotype you can think of, that is me – and I relish it. I’m still upset at my parents for not having me at least a decade earlier.
- My family is from Hyderabad, India. For those familiar with the city, it explains A LOT about my upbringing. For those who are not, an analogy I like to use is: Hyderabad is to India as Vatican City is to Italy. Pretty much.
- I have a graduate degree in Religion and love talking about theology, anytime, anywhere. It’s why I got involved with interfaith work. I love learning about people’s religious beliefs and why they do the things they do. And, as a practicing Muslim, I have found the process to deepen my own faith.
- I recently started
running joggingphysical-movement-that-is-definitely-not-walking. This is a BIG deal for me, a former fat kid who absolutely HATED gym class and recess. My ultimate running goal is to complete the Running with the Cows half-day marathon one day. It may take me a decade to get there, but God-willing, I will do it.
That should be it for now. If you’d like to know more about me, why not, I don’t know, read my blog? ;)
Have a nice day!